Deadline for registration: September 19, 2016.
Call for entries is published bellow the registration form.
Thank you for registration.
TIME AND VENUE OF THE EXHIBITON BRANDS & SIGNS
October 18 – November 18 2016, on the festival Month of Design in City of Design Slovenija, former printing house Mladinska knjiga, Dunajska cesta 123, Ljubljana, Slovenia
The deadline is September 19, 2016
– Individual designers (freelancers): 60 € + VAT
– Design teams and small companies (less than 10 employees and/or annual turnover under 2 million €): 250 € + VAT
– Big companies (more than 10 employees): 480 € + VAT
Fees are non-refundable!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Innovative, original, and well-made products may be entered by their designers, design teams or companies from all the world. The products may be from the fields environment care, labour, transport, urban planning, gaming, society, fashion etc.. Entrants may enter multiple products/projects, but have to fill a separate entry form for each one, and pay a separate entry fee for each entry form. In case of a collection one entry form is limited to a maximum of 5 products. In fashion design 1 »look« qualifies as a single entry and may include a maximum of 5 products on a mannequin.
1. Entry form (available at www.monthofdesign.com);
2. Product name;
3. Designer’s name and contact details;
4. Manufacturer’s name and contact details;
5. Product description in english language (up to 350 characters – not words! – excl. blanks, longer texts will be cut);
6. Three digital pictures in .jpg or .tif, 15 x 15 cm@300 dpi (1600 x 1600 px) no logos.
Products need to conform to general good design criteria (ergonomics, functionality, practical use, emotional and aesthetic value, ethics, particularity and originality). Entries need to have been designed and manufactured within the last two years. Product prototypes are acceptable only if all technical details are solved. Posters and brochures will be excluded. Selection will be carried out by exhibition curators Aarne Niemela and Zmago Novak. All properly entered entries (correctly filled in forms and entries delivered on time) will be considered. Their selection is final. The selection will be published on September 10 at www.monthofdesign.com.
SELECTED ENTRANTS ARE GUARANTEED
1. Product presentation at the exhibition and standard product identification;
2. Publication at the Month of Design website and in official printed Catalogue;
3. Free copy of printed Catalogue of Design;
4. For exhibitors from EU countries an opportunity to sell the exhibited product during the exhibition;
4. Opportunity for organising a presentation event Stage 180°;
4. Opportunity to take part on business event Contact tables;
6. Opportunity to take part in the Month of Design’s Best of Brands & Signs competition: in each category – Product and Fashion Design – the Month of Design jury will award the best designed entries.
7. The organiser will store your package needed for returning the product.
8. General ligting of the Exhibition.
SELLING OF THE EXHIBITED PRODUCT DURING THE EXHIBITION
(Only for exhibitors from EU countries)
During the exhibition the exhibitor can also sell the exhibited product.
In the registration form just enter your price of the product, for the final price on the exhibition the organizer all add 30 % sales commission + VAT. When the product is sold the organiser will send the money within 10 days to your bank account.
– Hanging the object: 15 € + VAT
– Electrical connection: 30 € + VAT
– Mannequin (for clothes): 20 € + VAT
Cancelation deadline is September 13, 2016. Cancellation costs are included in registration fee.
Personal delivery: 4. 10. 2016 from 10 am to 3 pm, and 6.10. from 10 am to 5 pm; for foreign entrants that visit Month of Design 17.10. from 10 am to 4 pm.
Delivery address: City of Design Slovenia, former printing company Tiskarna Mladinska knjiga, Dunajska cesta 123, Ljubljana.
Deadline for courier delivery: 6. 10. 2016 to address Zavod Big, Dunajska cesta 123, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
RETURN OF THE PRODUCT
Products can be reclaimed on 21. 11. from 9 am to 5 pm, and 23. 11., 24.11. and 25.11. from 9 am to 6 pm at the City of Design Slovenia, former printing company Tiskarna Mladinska knjiga, Dunajska cesta 123, Ljubljana. ATTENTION: Products that will not be reclaimed until 25.11. will be thrown away.
If you cannot take the product personally, or you cannot send a courier, we could send it back by post at the expense of the entrant/exhibitor.
Costs: Packaging and preparation for post: 30 eur + VAT + POSTAGE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entrant/exhibitor must itself provide the financial resources for the realization of his labor and transportation to the location of the exhibition space at City of Design Slovenia, Ljubljana, Slovenia. Products at the exhibition will be handled with care and responsibility, the venue will be secured, but the organizer will not be responsible for injury or theft of the products therefore we recommend to exhibitors to insure their items.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A collection is made of products of similar type which combine into a sensible whole. Only one entry fee is paid per a collection. A collection is limited to a maximum of 5 products. In fashion design 1 “look” qualifies as a single entry and may include a maximum of 5 products on a mannequin.
Set designers and the exhibition manager.
No promotional material is allowed. The outlook of the exhibition is unified and all products will be tagged in the same way by the organizer.
Contact tables are a business event on October 19 and October 22 between 9.00 and 12.30 for establishing contacts between designers, manufacturers, and merchants at individual meetings.
Products at the exhibition will be handled with care and responsibility, the venue will be secured, but the organizer will not be responsible for injury or theft of the products therefore we recommend to exhibitors to insure their items.
Stage 180° are individual presentation events organised by exhibitors. The purpuse of this events are creative interpretation of good design and user interface of exhibited products, where exhibitors can present the use of the product to visitors.